This category consists of sandwich insulated panels with metal cladding. These items need special handling from both staff and machinery at the sorting and receiving plant at Gufunes before the material is either recycled or put into landfill.
What happens to the material?
The sandwich panel is taken apart in the receiving and sorting plant of SORPA in Gufunes and metal separated from the insulation. The material is then shredded and baled for landfill. The metal is recycled.
- Fish waste
- Fat from sewage and washed screenings waste
- Fat-rich slaughter – more than 20% fat, < 60 mm shred
- Feed, meal and wheat
- Pre processed municipal waste
- Chicken manure
- Horse manure
- Pumpable bio-waste
- Fish liver oil waste
- Brewery waste
- Slaughter waste – Risk category 2
- Slaughter waste – Risk category 3
- Pig manure