This category consists of slaughter waste and animal remains in category 3 according to Regulation No. 674/2017. This means all slaughter waste from healthy animals as well as bone and other animal remains from meat processors, canteens, kitchens, etc. Down and feathers are also in this category. Waste is to be delivered in bulk or in machine processable large bags. Loads may not contain anything else.
What happens to the material?
The material is buried at the SORPA landfill at Álfsnes, where the landfill gas formed when the material degrades is collected. The gas is refined and used as fuel for vehicles.
- Fish waste
- Fat from sewage and washed screenings waste
- Fat-rich slaughter – more than 20% fat, < 60 mm shred
- Feed, meal and wheat
- Pre processed municipal waste
- Chicken manure
- Horse manure
- Pumpable bio-waste
- Fish liver oil waste
- Brewery waste
- Slaughter waste – Risk category 2
- Slaughter waste – Risk category 3
- Pig manure