What happens to the material?
The material is buried in a separate slot and covered immediately at the SORPA landfill at Álfsnes.
It is also possible to deliver the material for incineration to the receiving and incineration station of Kalka in Helguvík, Reykjanesbær. See kalka.is.
- Fish waste
- Fat from sewage and washed screenings waste
- Fat-rich slaughter – more than 20% fat, < 60 mm shred
- Feed, meal and wheat
- Pre processed municipal waste
- Chicken manure
- Horse manure
- Pumpable bio-waste
- Fish liver oil waste
- Brewery waste
- Slaughter waste – Risk category 2
- Slaughter waste – Risk category 3
- Pig manure