Receipt subject to prior agreement and approval by the landfill site manager of SORPA.
What happens to the material?
The material is used as an overlay layer at the SORPA landfill at Álfsnes. Organic pollutants, such as oil, decompose under ideal conditions in mounds.
Recognised recipients of hazardous waste are recommended. Further information can be found on the website of the Environment Agency of Iceland, ust.is or by phoning the Agency.
- Fish waste
- Fat from sewage and washed screenings waste
- Fat-rich slaughter – more than 20% fat, < 60 mm shred
- Feed, meal and wheat
- Pre processed municipal waste
- Chicken manure
- Horse manure
- Pumpable bio-waste
- Fish liver oil waste
- Brewery waste
- Slaughter waste – Risk category 2
- Slaughter waste – Risk category 3
- Pig manure