What happens to the material?
Pure North Recycling accepts this material and manufactures plastic flakes from this material in Iceland. The material is then sold to overseas processors who use it to manufacture, among other things, plastic bags.
- Fish waste
- Fat from sewage and washed screenings waste
- Fat-rich slaughter – more than 20% fat, < 60 mm shred
- Feed, meal and wheat
- Pre processed municipal waste
- Chicken manure
- Horse manure
- Pumpable bio-waste
- Fish liver oil waste
- Brewery waste
- Slaughter waste – Risk category 2
- Slaughter waste – Risk category 3
- Pig manure