Only hay without foreign materials. No plastic bags!
What happens to the material?
Grass and hay is mixed with chopped tree branches at the landfill site at Álfsnes and the material allowed to decompose. This creates compost, which is an organic soil supplement, as well as reduces the volume of buried organic waste.
Note that over the summertime reception of garden waste in Kópavogur is in Arnarnesvegur/Álalind.
|Payment required||1675,00 kr./unit*|
*Unit is 0,25 m3Terms and conditions
- Fish waste
- Fat from sewage and washed screenings waste
- Fat-rich slaughter – more than 20% fat, < 60 mm shred
- Feed, meal and wheat
- Pre processed municipal waste
- Chicken manure
- Horse manure
- Pumpable bio-waste
- Fish liver oil waste
- Brewery waste
- Slaughter waste – Risk category 2
- Slaughter waste – Risk category 3
- Pig manure