What happens to the material?
The material can be crushed and used as filler material in construction and can be used in the same manner as gravel. This allows the reduction of mining and the effects of such work on the environment, as well as reduces costs.
The material is managed at the SORPA landfill site at Álfsnes and can be used, among other things, for road construction in the area.
- Fish waste
- Fat from sewage and washed screenings waste
- Fat-rich slaughter – more than 20% fat, < 60 mm shred
- Feed, meal and wheat
- Pre processed municipal waste
- Chicken manure
- Horse manure
- Pumpable bio-waste
- Fish liver oil waste
- Brewery waste
- Slaughter waste – Risk category 2
- Slaughter waste – Risk category 3
- Pig manure