Slaughter waste and animal remains in Risk category 3 according to Regulation No. 395/2012. This means all slaughter waste from healthy animals and other animal remains from meat processors, canteens, kitchens, etc. Waste is to be delivered in bulk. Loads must contain at least 20% fat and may not contain any foreign material.
Down and feathers may not be included in this category, nor may bones, spines or pieces larger than 60 mm.
What happens to the material?
The material is received in a covered reception for strongly odoured waste at the landfill site of SORPA at Álfsnes. The material is used to make high-quality compost and biodiesel.
- Fish waste
- Fat from sewage and washed screenings waste
- Fat-rich slaughter – more than 20% fat, < 60 mm shred
- Feed, meal and wheat
- Pre processed municipal waste
- Chicken manure
- Horse manure
- Pumpable bio-waste
- Fish liver oil waste
- Brewery waste
- Slaughter waste – Risk category 2
- Slaughter waste – Risk category 3
- Pig manure