Organic waste from sewage treatment plants, septic tanks and similar installations.
Only washed screen waste from recognised entities subject to operating permit requirements is accepted. In accordance with the SORPA Owners’ Policy, no sludge is accepted.
What happens to the material?
The material is received in a covered reception for strongly odoured waste at the landfill site of SORPA at Álfsnes.
Screen waste can also be sent for incineration to the receiving and incineration station of Kalka in Helguvík, Reykjanesbær. See kalka.is.
- Fish waste
- Fat from sewage and washed screenings waste
- Fat-rich slaughter – more than 20% fat, < 60 mm shred
- Feed, meal and wheat
- Pre processed municipal waste
- Chicken manure
- Horse manure
- Pumpable bio-waste
- Fish liver oil waste
- Brewery waste
- Slaughter waste – Risk category 2
- Slaughter waste – Risk category 3
- Pig manure