Only coloured, printed plastic film that carries a processing fee, such as plastic bags, etc., without foreign materials.
Further information on the processing fees may be obtained from the Recycling Fund (Úrvinnslusjóður).
What happens to the material?
The material is compressed and baled at the receiving and sorting plant of SORPA at Gufunes in order to reduce its volume. The material is variously used for recycling or for energy production.
- Fish waste
- Fat from sewage and washed screenings waste
- Fat-rich slaughter – more than 20% fat, < 60 mm shred
- Feed, meal and wheat
- Pre processed municipal waste
- Chicken manure
- Horse manure
- Pumpable bio-waste
- Fish liver oil waste
- Brewery waste
- Slaughter waste – Risk category 2
- Slaughter waste – Risk category 3
- Pig manure