Only dough or similar waste that is non-balable and which is accepted in bulk, without foreign materials.
What happens to the material?
The material is either used as a source of carbon for composting or landfilled at Álfsnes.
- Fish waste
- Fat from sewage and washed screenings waste
- Fat-rich slaughter – more than 20% fat, < 60 mm shred
- Feed, meal and wheat
- Pre processed municipal waste
- Chicken manure
- Horse manure
- Pumpable bio-waste
- Fish liver oil waste
- Brewery waste
- Slaughter waste – Risk category 2
- Slaughter waste – Risk category 3
- Pig manure